Good evening WACS,
This evening our Board of Education passed a resolution to modify the mask wearing policy at WACS. The resolution will take effect July 9, 2021.
This change is due to information received from the New York State Department of Health permitting school districts to amend their current mask wearing practices.
Please note the following for our 2021 Summer School:
- Students in summer school will no longer be required to wear masks during classes, according to the State Department of Health (DOH) due to the current low rates of COVID-19 transmission.
- Fully vaccinated staff no longer have to wear face coverings.
- Social distancing requirements do not apply to students and staff who are fully vaccinated.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is defined as 14 days after completion of the vaccine series. All other individuals are considered unvaccinated.
- Students are encouraged but not required to wear face coverings indoors as feasible.
- Unvaccinated staff must wear a face covering at all times while indoors.
- Transportation: individuals who are not fully vaccinated, including the driver, staff, and students must wear face coverings.
We are thankful for your patience as we continue to work through these changes and recognize positive steps in our educational process. As always, feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Be well Wolverines!
Please click on the link below if you would like to view the full guidance document.
- Current low rates of COVID-19 transmission, schools/district may decide to implement revised masking policies consistent with those available in the archived INTERIM GUIDANCE FOR CHILD CARE, DAY CAMP, AND OVERNIGHT CAMP PROGRAMS DURING THE COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY (available here).